Iridonia, Spaceport [Surface]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic  
   The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Other Systems
Iridonia, Spaceport [Surface]
 PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quote  

Five days of traveling and finally the ship had arrived. Dezzi was beyond anxious, having resorted to pestering an occasional passenger until he got the attention he was craving. If it had not have been for the upper-class passengers disembarking first, Dezzi would have been the first one out. Instead, he fidgeted at the back of the line until finally it was clear for him to leave the ship. When he finally passed through the airlock, he was surprised by what he saw.

There was no forest of giant trees. There were no tall, hairy beasts. In fact, it was hot and arid. Not like a forest at all.

"This can't be good," he muttered under his breath.

Last edited by Dezzi on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quote  

"It's good to see that you finally made it here, my young apprentice," said Tenrek, who was waiting off to Dezzi's right. Up until now he had been hiding his presence in the force. He had left his datapad open on the table as a test for Dezzi, and had the presence of mind to list the wrong ship number when he had put down the departure plans. Dezzi had failed, but that was not a surprise to Tenrek. It just reinforced his assertion that he needed to keep the boy close.

Tenrek would speak to him about the matter later, but for now, they had business to attend to. They were here to oversee republic negotiations with the Zabrak. Wisely, the council had appointed Republic negotiators, and had just assigned himself and his apprentice as guards, and general mediators incase things got out of hand. He had no doubt that the negotiations would end badly if they got too involved.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:18 pm Reply with quote  

"Impossible," he muttered, his shoulders slumping as those words dripped from Master Tenrek's mouth. "There's no way." Dezzi turned around and had his worst fears realized. It was indeed Master Tenrek - there in the flesh and the Force. Dezzi had half the mind to feint ignorance and shrug it off as if Master Tenrek was mistaking him for someone else, but he knew that wouldn't work with his master; not Tenrek.

"What do you mean? I'm not even supposed to be here," he sighed. "Alright. So you caught me. All I wanted to do was make you proud, Master. I know I'm not supposed to leave the temple without permission, but it was getting so boring and I thought maybe I could do my own mission."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:57 pm Reply with quote  

"What you think you can do, and reality are often two very different things. Think, Dezzi... Even if you had accomplished your mission, do you think the council would have turned a blind eye to the fact that you disobeyed both my orders and their own? Not only were you risking involving yourself in a conflict the order does not want to get dragged into right now, but you were risking your life for a very foolish cause. If you could learn to listen, if you could learn patience, I would be proud, Dezzi. Evaluate and weigh your options before acting, consider the consequences, as more often than not, the consequences of choosing wrong are dire."

As Tenrek continued to walk, he spotted the Republic negotiator not too far ahead, and said quietly, "Now, try to keep a clear head during the proceedings and make no mention of this little complication. I explained away your absence to the Ambassador as a simple scheduling error."

Stepping behind Ambassador Fornth, Tenrek cleared his throat softly. The man turned around slowly, and took in both Tenrek and Dezzi standing there feet from him. Marcellus Fornth was a very formidable looking man. Six-foot, four inches, and slightly lighter in skin tone than the void, he presented a very intimidating image to anyone who did not know him. Tenrek had known the man for years, ever since he had left Haruun Kal. While in his fifties, Fornth did not show his age except in his graying, close-cropped hair.

Tenrek extended his hand and said, "Are we ready, Marc?"

The man smiled and said in a slow, deep voice "I don't know, Tenrek... This lot isn't the friendliest in the neighborhood. They're not easily persuaded, and trying to intimidate them or bluff them is nearly useless. They'll call both on general principal whether they think they can win or not. I think our best tactic here is to present a benign, yet powerful image. We don't want to be seen as weak in their eyes."

Tenrek laughed and said, "I don't think anyone who looked at you would consider you weak..."

"You know what I mean.. And I'm a pacifist", he said glancing at a few of the Zabrak guards around the hall reproachfully. Tenrek knew he was noting the powerful rifles in each individual's grip. This, indeed, was not a group he would like to anger.

As Fornth turned down the hall, he said, "The Iridonian government has decided to use an area of the spaceport to hold the talks, as it's the most heavily guarded section of the city."

Tenrek didn't reply as they moved through the port, reaching out with the force as he walked, reading the intentions of those around him. Something felt...Odd. Giving Dezzi a sideways glance, he said, "Stay focused, and be mindful of your feelings. They may well save you."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote  

Dezzi watched Master Tenrek's eyes carefully. For a moment he believed it was a trial, part of some grander scheme Master Tenrek had designed to test Dezzi, but as his master's eyes tightened and filled with sincerity, Dezzi realized he was once again being lectured. It was beginning to feel like he would never succeed at anything - no matter what he did or how hard he tried, he could always count on Master Tenrek to be there to scold him.

"Of course, Master," he muttered, casting his eyes down in embarrassment. "I know, Master. You already told me, Master. I will, Master."

The man across from them was imposing. Stretching out with the Force, Dezzi could feel there was more to Marcellus than strength, and if Master Tenrek trusted him, he would, too. But that didn't do much to shake off the uneasy sensation he had running down his spine. Someone nearby did not have good intentions. It was just a matter of finding out who.

"Something doesn't seem right, Master Tenrek."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quote  

"Patience... We do not know whether the hostility is directed at the negotiations, or not yet. We need to wait until they spring the trap to act, so we can catch all the involved parties. If we apprehend one of a larger cell, the others will simply fade into the background and be free to hit again at their leisure."

Tenrek paused and looked up and down the concourse before saying in an undertone with a slight smile, "I'd also like proof for the council that we weren't the ones who initiated hostilities this time..."

Turning left as Fornth led them into a reception area off the main walkway, Tenrek took notice of the increased security. Four fully armed and armored Zabrak security officers stood flanking a set of wooden doors, that presumably lead to the conference area that they would be using.

After Fornth had assured the security personnel that the Jedi were what they said they were, they were allowed into the surprisingly large conference room. A long, narrow glass topped table dominated the view of the room, set at the center between a bank of displays and a table laden with refreshments.

Looking around the room, Tenrek decided the best places for him and Dezzi were slightly to the right of the door, where they would not be immediately visible to attackers entering the room. He sincerely hoped that it would not come to that. With the way things had been going lately, he was only giving Dezzi a false image of how negotiations went. He prayed that this one, just this once, would go peacefully.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quote  

"Patience, yeah, I got it, Master," he sighed with a quickl roll of his eyes. Patience. The more Dezzi heard that word, the more he hated it. It was true, of course; if there was one virtue the young padawan could stand to learn it was patience. But like any parent-child relationship, the repetition of lectures only aggravated him. "I'm working on it."

Dezzi suddenly smiled. Master Tenrek was brilliant. "Good idea, Master," he mused. "Then maybe they won't be so hard on you about failing all the time."

Inside the room, Dezzi was struck by the presence of refreshments. A few space pears, jawa juice, and the odd delight from somewhere on the fringes. He picked up a pear and took a big bite, getting juice down his chin.

"So how long do we have to wait for this thing to start?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:12 pm Reply with quote  

"Soon. Ambassador Fornth will open with his statements first, then the Iridonians will present theirs. The terms of negotiation will then be layed out and the negotiations will begin in earnest. However, I don't think we'll get that far. Iridonia has very vocal, and very violent groups that would not want the two governments getting along... Even in trade. Iridonia's inclusion into the Republic is the very LAST thing they want."

Tenrek's hand brushed against the hilt of his lightsaber unconsciously. He was on edge already because of the atmosphere in the room, and the feeling he was getting from the force was doing nothing to ease his nerves.

Standing here in the conference room, it felt like standing on the shore of some small island, the door separating the concourse from the negotiations feeling like a vast ocean, separating him from the coming storm.

Looking to Dezzi, he said, "You might want to leave the food alone."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quote  

"Sounds boring," he added, taking another bite. Dezzi casually looked around the room and reached out with the Force once more. Nothing had changed; the same ominous feeling he had felt in the concourse was still there - lingering like a bad smell. "Why? It tastes fine. Wait. You think they might have poisoned them?"

Dezzi immediately dropped the pear to the floor and spit out what he had been chewing. Bits of space pear and saliva dotted one section of the conference table, radiating outward from where he was standing. He then used the back of his arm to wipe his mouth clean, actually licking it a few times to get any remaining pear off his tongue.

"That was close!"

The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Other Systems
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 1 of 1