Jedi Temple, Dormitories (Surface)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic  
   The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Coruscant
Jedi Temple, Dormitories (Surface)
 PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator

Standing alone in the turbolift, Revan tried to bring together his myriad ideas. The Council had to see the light about the situation, and if necessary, he would be the one do push the message.

The Council would probably dismiss Revan's concerns as the ravings of one malcontent Jedi, like Atris did. However, they could not be more wrong. Aside from Malak, Revan had gathered that many Jedi, especially those in the Temple, were anxious to reclaim Onderon and protect the Republic. With some lobbying, the Council would have no choice but to go to war, else they would be embarrassed before the entire Order. And the only thing more threatening to the Council than war was embarrassment.

The turbolift halted, sudden to his preoccupied mind, and the doors slid open. Revan managed to pull himself out of his thoughts and step outside into the hall. His quarters were located here, as well as those of many other Jedi, withinin a long, winding row of parallel doors.

However, he wasn't alone. He glanced to his left and became aware of a female human, wandering down the corridor; apparently, she was looking for her quarters. Revan recognized her slender form, deep blue eyes and sparkling golden hair. In fact, during his first few years of training on Dantooine, he had a slight crush on this fellow apprentice. The thought of his youth brought a smile to his lips.

With that confident grin, he took a few strides towards -- her. He didn't know her name, but hopefully he would find out. Perhaps she would agree with him about the Mandalorian crisis; that was the most important thing. "Hi there," he greeted after he stopped a few paces in front of her. "Looking for somewhere?"

Last edited by Revan on Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator

"Just my room," she began, slightly surprised at his sudden approach. The man was young, but had a powerful aura about him. One that made Kira a little nervous speaking to him. Despite his eminating power, he spoke in a very soft tone through the smile on his face. "This place still manages to confuse me every time I visit."

"I think some of the Masters would forget if they didn't spend their entire lives here," he joked as his smile grew wider. She found herself smiling back as she took a closer look at him. She knew she had seen him before, but couldn't remember where.

"You look familiar," she prodded.

"Well," he began, apparently trying to remember if they had met before. After a short pause, he continued. "Dantooine, right?"

"I think I've seen you there. Are you another student?"

With a shake of his head, he dismissed her question, but corrected it, "A while ago, yeah."

Decided to take the conversation to a different subject, Kira smiled again and asked, "So what're you doing all the way up here?"

"Well, all roads lead to Coruscant, right?" He chuckled a little after he spoke. "I wanted to get ready for the deployment to Onderon. But I guess that isn't happening. Have you heard the news yet?" She noticed his face droop slightly in mid-sentence, but didn't think anything of it, instead simply inquiring further.

She made mention of how the Mandalorians had captured Onderon and asked why he would want to go there. Before he had even said anything, she realized what his intentions were. Which is why it confused her even further when he confirmed the fact, saying only, "To take it back."

"I thought the council was refusing to go to war?" Kira continued, trying to make sense of the man's words.

"Then you did hear."

"So you plan to defy the council?"

"No, you're taking it all wrong," he explained, finally getting past the confusion. She listened intently as he went on, "I wouldn't have imagined they wouldn't go to war... But I guess I was wrong. I still think we should be going, though. Maybe they'd listen if more people stood up..."

With the way he looked at her, she knew what he was thinking. Their exchange had ceased to be a simple conversation. The man was now trying to recruit her to stand against the council. Kira never did like the idea of standing still, but to stand up to the council was a big step. Nevertheless, her beliefs caused her to simply add to the discussion.

"We really shouldn't be waiting any longer..." Her words had no direct intent of joining him, but both people knew that under them she was interested. The part that scared Kira the most was that she herself was still confused. She didn't know what she wanted to do. And worst of all, she was running out of time to make a decision.

Last edited by Revan on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Coruscant
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 1 of 1