Supreme Chancellor's Office, Senate Building

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic  
   The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Coruscant
Supreme Chancellor's Office, Senate Building
 PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:05 am Reply with quote  

Pretention.

Danis Valerum couldn't stand pretention. It made him itch. Thus, he did not defiantly maintain eye contact with Senator Tush as he poured himself a drink; he didn't want to spill any brandy, as, after all, it was good brandy. He also didn't try and hide anything that could be considered a vice, and so took a good glug of the amber liquid before setting down his glass. Pretention was for insecure men and rich women.

Once he'd put down the drink, he took a cigar from his case, lit it, and said, "So, what do you want?"

Senator Tush looked severely peturbed. He'd obviously been expecting several hours of back-and-forth, pointless questions and stupid answers. Political foreplay.

Danis Valaerum hated foreplay.

"Well, um," said the Senator, "I've always admired you, Danis, and-"

"Supreme Chancellor."

"Yes, sorry. I've always admired you, and while some of my colleagues in the Centrists want me to stop supporting your government, I thought I should come and see if you could maybe make certain assurances that-"

"Are you asking me to make love to you?" Danis said, in a surprised tone.

"No, I didn't mean-"

"Oh," said Danis, and smiled. He took a puff from the cigar. "You want a bribe. Why didn't you say so, man? I'm too old for dallying and tarrying and ballsing about. I'll transfer ten thousand to that secret account of yours."

"Well, Supreme Chancellor, I didn't mean-"

"Oh, fine, I'll put you in for nomination as Internal Security Minister. Your wife told me you wanted that." He took another puff, and exhaled the smoke slowly. "Nice woman, Clarice," he reflected.

"I-"

"Good, that's settled then," said the Chancellor, rising from his seat. He clasped Tush's furred hand into his own and shook it. "Hope to see you at that Sabacc game I organised with some of the other senators, Th't'kn dropped out."

"Thank you, Supreme Chancellor," said Tush, "I'll see you at the next Senate meeting, and hopefully at this Sabacc game. I appreciate the gesture of friend-"

"Oh no, it's no gesture of friendship," Danis interrupted yet again, "I'm ten thousand credits down, and you're lousy at Sabacc." He smiled, and sat.

He hated bribing people. It made him itch.

The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Coruscant
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 1 of 1