Jedi Temple, Room of A Thousand Fountains

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic  
   The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Coruscant
Jedi Temple, Room of A Thousand Fountains
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:27 am Reply with quote  

Jedi are encouraged not to form attachments, and in a lifestyle like that, material possessions don’t play a huge part. That was why Ivan had no emotional connection to room he had stayed in for almost two years now, and why it only took him 10 minutes to clear the room of anything he wanted to bring with him. He was able to conceal them all under his cloak without any problems, and made his way to the Main Entrance.

He had chosen to leave in the middle of the day, because it would be both the easiest time to get a shuttle, and also the time which would cause the least amount of suspicion. In a building of this size, and with all of his lessons postponed – the given reason being that he was away on assignment – it would take weeks before – if – anyone would discover that he was gone. Unless Sarah revealed the fact that he was gone, then he wouldn’t be discovered until the Council actually did request an audience with him. Unlikely.

Another reason that he had chosen this way out of the temple was the chance to see the Room of One Thousand Fountains for the last time. At this time of day, with the sun shining in from the overhead skylights, the room was at it’s most magnificent. Ivan stopped to stare at it for a moment and realized something. As he stood there, listening to the the soft trickling of water, the voices had stopped. Completely. All was silent in his mind, and it felt wonderful.

But something interrupted his peace. A hand, on his shoulder.

"Don’t go."

Sarah. Ivan turned to her.

"I have to."

"No. The Council won’t allow it."

"Have you told them?"

"No…"

"Then they won’t know."

"Please…"

"Sarah, I have to go. It is the will of the Force. It is my destiny to go."

"I…"

Sarah, at a loss for words, leaned in forward and kissed Ivan on the cheek. A friendly kiss, nothing romantic.

"May the Force be with you."

"And you, too, Sarah."

Ivan turned and walked away. He had noticed, when Sarah leaned in, there were tears in her eyes. He had noticed, and inside, he felt the same.

The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Coruscant
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 1 of 1