Relaunch?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic  
   The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Announcements
Relaunch?
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator

Alright, I know this place has pretty much died. Believe me, I had no intention of this, but my life seems to have gotten the best of me, leaving me with little time to actually admin this place properly. First things first, a bit of an explaination.

I'll admit that I've been kind of neglecting this place, but let me tell you why. Two certain forummers (who will remain unnamed) refused to come to an agreement for a plot one of them had in mind. Nothing I tried would work, and they simply would not agree to anything I proposed, much less anything the other had to say. Needless to say, I was a little frustrated, so I took a little bit of time off. That probably did more harm than good, since I didn't come back for quite a while, but when I finally did, I noticed I hadn't missed much.

Mandalore suggested some ideas to help stir more activity, and I agreed, the main one being that we "relaunch" starting with a tense battle over Taris. First of all, I'd still like to do that, and I cleared it with the Republic. We're good to go, but again, I've been busy and haven't really had the time to sit down and moderate a battle, so I apologize for you guys waiting on that.

Now, you're probably wondering what happens next. I'm kind of thinking the same thing, really. One thing I noticed is that many players seemed to be waiting for their faction assets before actually doing anything as far as RPing goes, which never really made much sense to me, but oh well.

Anyway, I hate dealing with numbers. Many of you probably already know that. But I really don't see the point of having to keep detailed records of everything in a character based RPG. It just adds a lot of unnecessary work for the players. I mean, we all know what detailed specs and numbers did to battles on VIII, which is why I tried to get away from that here. However, what I'd like to happen is that we elimate numbers outside battles too. Fleet listings wouldn't be needed and weekly income wouldn't be important. As long as things stay within reason, I'm perfectly happy dealing without numbers.

Now, the "no fleet listings" thing I already talked about before, and I'd like to keep it. Battles are going to be a lot smaller scaled, yes, but as far as actual RPing goes, that's a lot better. Besides, it gives us admins a lot less work to do. The "no income" thing might seem a little weird, and yeah, I kind of agree. But the way I see it, the Republic pretty much has enough credits to buy anything. Originally, I had planned to use their income solely for buying new ship designs, but after some thought, that would be redundant. Ship designs would already have to be approved by admins, so anything out of reason wouldn't pass the inspection, so all in all, there's no reason for the factions to have any specific numbers for income.

Granted, each faction will have to be moderated a bit differently, but I'd rather do that than having detailed lists of credits. As I've said, the Republic probably wouldn't have to worry too much about credits, but the Mandalorians would be a bit different. Again, I don't see any reason to keep a track record of their expenses, but as long as they're reasonable, then I don't see a problem. This goes for the other factions as well, but I'm pretty sure the other faction leaders are all basically dead. Razz

Please note that I'm not talking about personal credits. You should still keep track of your own character's credits.

So, in closing, I want to get rid of useless numbers and I want to try and "relaunch" this RPG with a battle over Taris, as soon as I can find some time to do it. If you guys want to see this RPG come back too, then feel free to just start posting again. We could use as much activity as we can get.

Thanks for bearing with my rantings.

EDIT: I also did a few changes to the forums, mainly being that I changed the names of the faction forums to less "fancy" names. It should be a lot clearer now.

-- Kira

Last edited by Kira Daast on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:18 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:00 am Reply with quote  

I'm certainly in Very Happy (Once I was told about this relaunch by Luke Razz )

Last edited by Danis Valaerum on Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quote  

For Mandalore, I won the character, and I'm still in.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote  

As I said on MSN. I'm still here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator

Of course... canon has MURDERED my character. Hmm...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quote  

yay for lurking, I will still try to play.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator

Zara, do you think you can find a slot for my upcoming second character? O_o

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quote  

I think we sort of need every character we can get right now, personally..?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quote  

Blargh*

*=Means yes.

NOW MOVE MANDALORE"S FLEET SO I CAN DESTROY IT. Razz

Last edited by Derek Brand on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:58 am Reply with quote  

We'll have to see what the Judicial Armada ends up doing in these early stages...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:50 am Reply with quote  

Is the Republic fleet part of Judicial forces? I'm getting confused with all these branches of the military.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:07 am Reply with quote  

Legislative & Executive ---> Military - Navy, Army
|
Judiciary - Judicial Forces

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator

I'm in the middle of my final exams right now, so forgive me if I'm slow. Razz

However, if Mandalore is ready, then we can go ahead and get the battle going as soon as possible. I should be able to find time to work things out.

EDIT: For all you Jedi characters out there, check the faction forums. There's stuff there to keep you busy.

Last edited by Kira Daast on Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:42 pm Reply with quote  

I need permissions. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote  

I'm alive

The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Announcements
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 1 of 3