Rohlan Dyre vs Malak
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic  
   The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Assessment Room
Rohlan Dyre vs Malak
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quote  

Planet: Dantooine
Weapons: Lightsabers, blasters, etc.

Prove it. Razz

Rohlan dismounted his swoop and checked his rifle's charge. Full power, and the grenades on his belt were secured. Locking the controls on the swoop, he strode forward to the top of the hill, where his opponent waited. When he reached the top, Rohlan eyed the Jedi. He was well-built, surprisingly. Somehow, he had expected a Jedi to not rely on their muscles as much as their vaunted Force. Crossing his left forearm over his chest in a salute, he growled, "Are you ready to die, Jedi?"

"We have just the glorious dead—and the soon-to-be glorious dead. I'm one of the latter."
―Rohlan Dyre

Wearer of the Malak Award for Superb Sportsmanship

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator

Malak's hand gripped the gleaming silver hilt of his weapon, his finger gently tapping the activation stud. A scintillating shaft of pure energy surrounded by a violet aura leapt forth with the characteristic snap-hiss of a lightsaber. Its low drone filled the Dantooinian air, the pitch wavering as the Jedi assumed a Soresu stance.

He thought little of the Mandalorian. They were brutes and bullies that crushed those that couldn't defend themselves. They felt might meant power... in fact, only the Force could grant the power they craved. Malak knew it as surely as the suns rose on Tatooine. And the fools would never touch the Force, not the way he could. They would fall before his power...

He lazily twirled his saber once, staring down the mortal that dared face one of the chosen of the Force. He would meet his end like the others, his arrogance and overconfidence defeating him before the battle began. Malak would simply make it clear to him as his saber sliced through armor and flesh with a cruel ease. Perhaps he could spare this one... it was certainly the Jedi way. But all too often, it was an option denied him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote  

Tired of watching the Jedi play with his toy sword, Rohlan primed a plasma charge and lobbed it at his opponent's feet. He activated his jet pack at the same time, spraying blaster bolts in Malak's direction, hoping to trap the Jedi in a firestorm of blaster bolts and prevent him from escaping the blast area.

"We have just the glorious dead—and the soon-to-be glorious dead. I'm one of the latter."
―Rohlan Dyre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator

Predictable. Malak barely even looked at the plasma charge as it flew away from him as if thrown by an unseen arm. It exploded harmlessly away as his saber met each bolt that would actually strike him. They ricocheted off, at first in a disorganized spray, but eventually flew closer and closer to their originator. Malak felt as if he had no control of his arm, yet he knew it was his attunement to the Force that guided his weapon to stop the lethal fusillade.

Briefly pulling his mind off blaster bolt deflection for an instant, he directed a wave a Force energy at the Mandalorian, intent on knocking him off his balance, perhaps even to the ground with the push. He noticed blaster bolts caught in the wave also were sent flying in random directions as it closed in on its target.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote  

Rohlan brought his forearms up to brace himself as he saw the Jedi reach out, as if to grasp him in his hand. An invisible wall slammed against the Mandalorian, and he spiraled backwards through the air. He managed to break his fall by tucking his legs to his chest and turning his plummet into a roll. He came up on both feet, dropping his rifle and pulling out his saber, a hand-crafted beskad. Unlike most other swords, this was made of the near-indestructible Mandalorian iron beskar, which nullified the advantage that the Jedi's saber would normally have in such a fight.

Advancing on Malak, he whipped the blade around in a traditional salute before pointing the blade at his opponent's throat, ten meters away. "I will enjoy gutting you, whelp."

―Rohlan Dyre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:46 am Reply with quote  
Administrator

"Brave words. But my ally is the Force, Mandalorian. And it's far more trustworthy and powerful than the sharpest blade or the strongest war beast," Malak addressed his opponent for the first time.

He changed into a Shien stance, knowing he'd be unable to rely totally on defense in the coming duel. The saber's hum altered as the glowing blade moved, the Doppler shift resonating in the Jedi's ears as he reached out with his perceptions. The Mandalorian was fixed on killing him, now, and the Knight knew he had no recourse other than either disarming his foe by force or killing him outright. Although, the deaths did become easier with each passing battle...

The thought disturbed him. Such ideas led down the Dark path, and Malak was determined never to fall to the Dark Side. He would simply not permit it. The Jedi were still recovering from the havoc of Exar Kun; he would not become the next villain of Galactic history.

But with the Mandalorians and their bloodlust, the lure of power called louder and louder. The power to win any battle, to protect lives, to even reshape the Galaxy to the Jedi way... it called to him with a sweet, seductive siren song that he knew only ended in eternal torment. But there were other promises, too, ones that alomst made the self-sacrifice worth it. The ability to strike down these beasts before they can kill more innocents was tempting indeed, but not yet worth the cost.

Never worth the cost, he corrected himself.

But still, as he looked the Mandalorian in the eyes, saw the hate and loathing and anger, he couldn't help but wonder if there was some edge to be gained by giving into one's passions.

No. I will remain strong. There is no emotion, there is peace... he meditated. "Leave now, Mandalorian, while you still can. There is no need for more blood to spill on this world."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:36 am Reply with quote  

Rohlan barked a sharp laugh. "In my opinion, there hasn't been enough bloodshed just yet." The humming of Malak's blade grew louder as he stalked forward, blade raised over his head in preparation for his first strike. "The Core worlds will burn until their surfaces are but glass, Jedi. The weak will die to make room for the worthy. That is the way of things, and nothing, not even you Jedi, shall stand in our way!" His taunting finished, he leapt forward, crossing blades with his foe and sweaping his left leg around to knock Malak's feet out from under him.

―Rohlan Dyre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quote  
Administrator

So predictable. Malak stepped back as the Mandalorian swung his leg while parrying his blade with a bind-over. He quickly followed through with an attack aimed at his foe's sword hand while the enemy was off-balance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:22 am Reply with quote  

Rohlan clenched his right fist tightly as the Jedi swung his lightsaber at his sword. It nearly went flying from his grip then and there, but he managed to slip underneath Malak's second swing and roll under his arm. He leapt to his feet and swung his sword at his opponent's exposed spine.

―Rohlan Dyre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:29 am Reply with quote  
Administrator

The Jedi spun quickly, sensing his opponent's assault. He slashed downward with a powerful arc as his hips uncoiled; his blade slamming into the Mandalorian metal. As his foe's sword arm recoiled from the impact, if only for a second, Malak gripped the man through the Force, and began to squeeze...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:59 am Reply with quote  

Dammit, I should've known that was coming.

Rohlan gasped as an invisible hand gripped his body and squeezed. He managed to gulp down a small amount of air, and with that he held his breath for as long as he could. His hands, no longer listening to his brain, dropped his sword into the grass. He struggled to see through the red haze that had cluded his vision. If he could just-get-free...

Rohlan began to grow desperate. Kicking up at the Jedi's lightsaber to bring it out of line for a split second, he used all of his remaining energy to deliver a viscious left hook into Malak's jaw. The force of the blow, combined with his metal gauntlet, was enough to break his opponent's concentration. The pressure vanished instantly, and Rohlan fell to his knees, gasping for air.

He reached for his sword, intent on finishing the fight, only to find the Jedi's boot on the blade. He craned his head back to aze at the Jedi. "That's a...neat trick...you hu'tuun." he spat. "So much...for your talk...about morals...and honor." He coughed, and a slotch of blood obscured part of his visor. "I wonder...how the...Jedi Council would...look on you if...they heard that you...killed someone...without even touching them..." His strength was beginning to return as he spoke, "Without even giving them the opportunity to...fight...back!" With that, he wrenched his sword back from under Malak's booted feet and swung it at where he pictured the Jedi would land.

―Rohlan Dyre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator

Anger beckoned to Malak, to use its power to strike down this monster. The dull ache in his jaw fueled it further, but the Jedi resisted. Instead, he leapt backwards in a Sai maneuver. "And you haven't done the same, Mandalorian?

"You haven't cut down those who cannot fight, or would not fight?" demanded Malak, his grip on his saber tightening, his battle with his emotions beginning to go sour. Control! You must maintain control! "Don't even think to speak of morals and honor. The Mandalorians preach of their code of honor, but there is none. You would kill your own mothers if given no one else to slaughter!"

Then Malak smiled and disengaged his lightsaber, making sure he was a good ten meters away. "You are not worth my notice."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quote  

At these words Rohlan's head snapped up, and he glared fiercly at the Jedi behind his visor. He stood and maintained his position, sword at the ready. "We Mandalorians are a breed apart, Jedi. Don't try to critisize our ways if you don't understand our motivation. As for the weak and helpless, your vaunted government was paying us no heed. We had to get their attention somehow, and threatening defenseless worlds has always been a good start."

Rohlan's snarl turned into a tight smile. "But even then, the Republic refused to face us. Even before this "war" began you were afraid of us. Why? Because you remembered how destructive we can be from the war with Exar Kun. You know how much damage we can cause."

―Rohlan Dyre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator

"Afraid? I am not afraid of you," Malak explained. "I've killed a hundred of your kind before this day, and will likely kill hundreds more after it. I do not do it for attention or for fun, however."

He analyzed the helmeted man. Arrogance and pride streamed off him, covering up a kernel of fear. A reasonable fear at that, a fear all men felt, but the Mandalorians seemed determined to deny they ever had.

Indeed, they were what the Jedi Masters meant when they talked of the Dark Side. The all-consuming nature of it, the way it gave short-term benefits in exchange for long-term curses... and one of the easiest paths to take to the Dark Ways was pride and fear.

"I kill because I must," the Jedi finished, his blade reigniting with a terrible resolve. "And today, I will do what I must."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:27 pm Reply with quote  

Rohlan's smile turned grim. "Good, because I'm prepared to kill you." he thrust his sword at the jedi's left flank, then brought it over his head when it was blocked to slash at the opposite side. Simple moves, easily deflected, but Rohlan was simply drawing the Jedi's mind away from Rohlan's true intent. He summoned up his rage to shield his thoughts, a potent defense against mind-readers. They would skim the surface of his thoughts in battle and would assume that was all there was. And it seemed as though Malak had taken the bait-he was acting as though Rohlan was an animal-and was leaving his lower body unprotected.

He shouted, "For Mand'alor!" and pushed Malak's blade away from both of them with his own weapon. He released his grip with his left hand and delivered another gut-twisting punch to his opponent's midsection.

―Rohlan Dyre

The Mandalorian Crisis Forum Index » Assessment Room
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 1 of 2